EPC CASE STUDY PACKAGE
The EPC Case Study Package is developed for repeating candidates with a valid certificate that do not desire to commit to the full professional programme. Its primary objective is to empower the candidates with the skills required to master the SAICA APC case study assessments. It therefore does not focus on the development of critical professional competencies, but rather focuses on the application and demonstration of those competencies in the context of a case study assessment. Consequently, following the successful completion of the case studies, a certificate of eligibility to sit for the SAICA APC will not be issued.
Candidates wishing to enrol for the EPC Case Study Package will benefit from the following:
- All case study assessments facilitated via SAICA’s SecureClient software
- Online facilitation of Case Study #1 using the web-based version of the software
- RSA venue-based facilitation of Case Study #2 and #3 using desktop-based software*
- Access to CTA/ITC videos from registration until 14 December 2022
- Detailed and personalised feedback report from the EPC marking team
- 60 minutes one on one session with a senior marker team member
- Comprehensive live/pre-recorded feedback sessions on the entire case study
- Provision of laptops for all venue-based assessments
* Venue-based assessments and provision of laptops will only be facilitated in RSA only, where the number of registered candidates exceed 10 candidates for the respective venue.
|Case Study #1||Case Study #2||Case Study #3|
|Publish pre-release information (08h00)||15 July 2022||19 August 2022||23 September 2022|
|Sitting for case study assessment||20 July 2022||24 August 2022||28 September 2022|
|Release of reflection pack||25 July 2022||29 August 2022||3 October 2022|
|Attend feedback sessions (3 hours each)||30 July – 6 August 2022||3 – 10 September 2022||8 – 15 October 2022|
|Release of the results||6 August 2022||10 September 2022||15 October 2022|
* A reflection pack consists of reflection videos analysing the pre-released information, the specimen solution, marking grid and the seeded scripts. The objective of the reflection pack is to assist with the process of self-reflection and self-assessment ahead of the feedback sessions and the release of the case study assessment results.
- The feedback sessions for the case study assessments will be delivered on an online basis due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Should circumstances dramatically improve during the 2022 academic year, it is our desire to resume with Face2Face classes at a venue close to our admin office in Midrand, Johannesburg. Further information will be shared in due time.
- The tuition fee is R5 500 for the entire case study package with 50% of the tuition fee payable on registration, and 50% of tuition fee payable by 31 July 2022. No apportionment of fees is applicable, if one is unable to sit for any of the case study assessments.