OVERVIEW OF THE APC WORKSHOP
Endunamoo x ABASA x AWCA, sponsored by Investec, are proud to host a comprehensive review of the SAICA December 2022 APC assessment. The review will be hosted in the form of a 6 day workshop (APC Workshop), commencing on 6 November 2023 and ending on 18 November 2023. The APC Workshop is provided at no cost to interested participants.
The APC Workshop is specifically developed for candidates eligible to sit for the 2023 APC assessment facilitated either by SAICA, ICAZ or ICAN. However, we are confident it could add value to those sitting for future SAICA APC assessments and therefore encourage anyone planning to sit for future APC assessments to participate in the APC Workshop.
The primary objective of the APC Workshop is to assist prospective candidates with effective approach to demonstrating professional competence within the context of the SAICA APC assessment, specifically in relation to demonstration competence in the December 2022 APC assessment. Accordingly, the APC Workshop will deal with critical analysis of the pre-released information, expected actions on the identified triggers as well as critical analysis of the information on the day. This will culminate into guidance on how respond to the given tasks in competent manner.
WHY THE APC WORKSHOP?
- We provide you with access to the CTA videos and material that are relevant for the December 2022 APC assessment. The objective is to help you to undertake the relevant technical research during the pre-research period and ahead of discussion of the relevant tasks. Access will be provided from 1 November 2023 until 20 November 2023.
- We provide you with a set of pre-recorded videos on the critical analysis of the pre-released information. This helps you to identify the relevant triggers and undertake sufficient work on those identified triggers, using technical material as well as wider reading
- We provide you with live sessions where the EPC Professional Team undertakes a critical review of the information on the day and demonstrates how to you use your research material, professional skills as well as technical knowledge to competently respond to the given tasks
- For a nominal fee, you have an opportunity to engage with the EPC Professional Team to consult on your attempt for the December 2022 APC assessment or any other matters of your interest
- For a nominal fee, you have an opportunity to access the CTA videos and materials beyond 20 November 2023 to assist with undertaking sufficient technical research during the December 2023 APC assessment
- You will be empowered with the right mindset to better handle anxiety ahead of and during the day of the assessment, as well as provided with practical guidance on engaging with your team and undertaking final preparations ahead of the December 2023 APC assessment
- You will obtain insight on lessons learned from previous sittings with the benefit of different perspectives, including successful candidates, senior markers and experts from industry
The APC Workshop will be delivered via a mix of pre-recorded sessions and live sessions.
- For the first time since its launch in the 2020 academic year, the live sessions for the APC Workshop will be delivered on a face2face basis from our Midrand campus and livestreamed via Microsoft Teams.
- Upon registration, interested candidates will have an option to select either the face2face or online offering. We have limited spaces available for those wishing to attend the face2face classes.
- For those who will be livestreaming the sessions, to access the links to the live classes or recorded sessions you would need to have registered on MyUniverse, enrolled into the APC Workshop Course, and have your profile activated. The class links would then be accessible under My APC Workshop Timetable. For further guidance on accessing the class links, you may consult the APC Caretaker.
The APC Workshop will only deal with the South African version of the APC assessment (i.e., no specific technical or environmental considerations will be taken for the Zimbabwe and Namibia context).
A detailed schedule of the outline of the APC Workshop is provided below:
|Day 1: 6 November 2023||
|Day 2: 7 November 2023||
|Day 3: 8 November 2023||
|Day 4: 9 November 2023||
|Day 5: 11 November 2023||
|Day 6: 15 November 2023||
|Day 7: 16 November 2023||
|Day 8: 18 November 2023||
The above timetable is provisional and is subjected to changes. All changes with be communicated via MyUniverse. Last updated: 9 November 2023 at 09h52
Registration for the APC Workshop officially opens on Friday, 27 October 2023. The registration will run up until 20 November 2023, after which no new registrations will be accepted via MyUniverse. Access to the APC Workshop will be facilitated via our YouTube channel. Click here to be redirected to our YouTube channel.
New candidates: The first step in the registration process is to register a MyUniverse online profile. Once a MyUniverse online profile is registered, an email notification is sent to you with further instructions on how to complete your registration. Once your MyUniverse account is activated, you will need to register for the APC Workshop by logging into MyUniverse >> Add A Course >> APC Workshop and complete the enrolment process. Click to commence your registration process.
Previous candidates: If your MyUniverse account is still activate, please login to MyUniverse and click ‘Add Course’ and enrol for the APC Workshop Course to complete your registration. If you forgot your password, there is an option to request a password reset on the MyUniverse login page.
Current candidates: If you are a currently registered EPC candidate, please login to MyUniverse and click ‘Add Course’ and enrol for the APC Workshop Course to complete your registration.
The APC Workshop is free of charge to all interested candidates.
Consultations: As an optional value add, you may book a one-on-one consultation with one of the EPC Professional Team between 20 November 2023 and 30 November 2023. The one-on-one consultations are available at a cost of R375 per hour, and you may bring up to one friend during the consultation session at no-additional charge. To book a consultation, you need to be logged in MyUniverse and access the booking form via My Queries & Bookings >> Book A Consultation. On this page, you will see the available consultation slots and you can select your preferred slot. Follow the screen prompts and payment instructions.
- CTA Videos & Learning Material: Should you require access to the CTA videos and learning material beyond 20 November 2023. Online access may be provided at a fee of R750. In line with the APC Regulations, you can only pay for access before the pre-release information is published (i.e., 1 December 2023). Accordingly, the option to add the CTA Videos to your MyUniverse profile is 30 November 2023 at 18h00. All access will be revoked immediately 24 hours after the sitting of the APC assessment (i.e. by end of 7 December 2023).
- ABASA Leadership Programme: You may contact ABASA to become part of the ABASA Leadership Programme which is centered around the development of leadership skills that will place trainees in good stead in their career journey post articles. In partnership with a team of mentors to support and guide mentees, the programme is designed to refine the professional competence of trainees by equipping them with tools to master time management, emotional intelligence, communication, networking, critical thinking and develop a career plan. At the end of the programme, trainees would have gained more confidence in self-leadership and leading others. Please see contact details under the ABASA tab.
- By registering and/or participating in the APC Workshop, you give permission to Endunamoo, its associated entities, ABASA, AWCA and Investec to process your personal information, which include your first name, last name, contact number, email address and educational information that is or was collected upon your registration.
- The processing of information includes adding you or allowing you to access our Telegram groups (where your contact details may be available to other workshop participants), sending you communication concerning the APC Workshop (including timetable information and any changes to the published scheduled) as well as general communication concerning Endunamoo (e.g. marking opportunities or mentorship programme) and information about our events, including but not limited to Open Day information, press releases and newsletters.
- Your personal details will be retained until such time that you request for them to be deleted. This is because the information may be required for the purposes of the delivery of our programmes. Our programmes may have commercial value to you as they offer opportunities for marking, lecturing, tutoring and mentorship.
- For the purpose of the APC Workshop to be delivered in November 2023, personal information for all newly registering candidates will be shared with ABASA, AWCA and Investec, and ABASA, AWCA and Investec will treat such information in accordance with their stipulated privacy and processing of information policies. To enquire about such policies, you may visit the collaborators and sponsor’s respective websites
- The Association for the Advancement of Black Accountants of Southern Africa (ABASA) was established in 1985 to promote the professional interests of Black persons engaged in the accounting profession. ABASA is committed and dedicated in this pursuit and is driven by the need to ensure that every black accountant and aspiring accountant can realise their full potential and aspirations.
- For more information about the ABASA Leadership Programme, you may contact: Mmalesiba Teffu CA(SA), ABASA Johannesburg Branch at +2773 159 2653 OR Tshegofatso Makgoba CA(SA), ABASA Tshwane Branch at +2783 262 2609
- To become an ABASA member, you can follow this link for registration details. For more details about ABASA, you can visit www.abasa.org.za.
- The African Women Chartered Accountants (AWCA) is a non-profit organisation which was founded in 2002 on the premise of mutual support and personal development of African Women Chartered Accountants.
- Our vision is to “Accelerate the advancement of Black Female Chartered Accountants”.
- To realise this vision, the AWCA board has adopted a “Three Tier Strategy” which aims to:
- Identify and develop young girls who aspire to be CA(SA)s for entry into universities to pursue a degree that will allow for them to enter the profession;
- Nurture and train black women who are completing their articles as well as newly qualified black women CA(SA)s;
- Leadership development for black women CA(SA)s to groom them to hold key decision-making positions in Corporate SA and the Public Sector.
The unwritten motto of the organisation is to “Develop as we lead”.